Tuesday 4 August 2015

Homemade Hawaiian Pizza ~ My Style ~




Hawaiian Pizza is not created in Hawaii. It is very much a Canadian invention. What do we associate Hawaiian Pizza with? You cannot go wrong with the few main ingredients : pineapple, ham or bacon, tomato base and lots of cheese.  

I like my pizzas to be colorful. Hence, my Hawaiian Pizza will look somehow unconventional with tomatoes and english parsleys toppings. It is absolutely delicious, filled with freshness and goodness...

My dog has been shredding profusely recently. I concluded that this may not be the best time to roll my dough in my open kitchen. For hygiene reason, I am using a ready made 12-inch pizza crust that is available from supermarkets.





Ingredients & Condiments :
  • 1 pc of 12-inch pizza crust
  • 1 cup of fresh pineapples (diced)
  • 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup of ham or bacon (diced)
  • 2 tsp of bacon bits (optional)
  • 1.5 cup of tomato pizza sauce (refer to my homemade version here)
  • 1 cup of fresh tomatoes (diced) to be used as toppings
  • finely chopped english parsley to be used as toppings

(tsp = teaspoon; tbsp = tablespoon) 


Method :
Grease the pizza pan if you intend to bake your pizza with a pan. Otherwise, the crust will be crispier if you bake the pizza on the oven rack without a pan.
Place pizza crust or dough on pan. I used a pre-made pizza crust purchased from supermarket. If you are making your own dough, do remember to dock your pizza base with a fork or docker. This is to avoid your pizza crust from bubbling and blowing up in the oven.
Spread the pizza sauce over the base. Do not spread to the brim. Leave an edge.
Spread mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce. Be generous with the cheese.
Top the pizza with ham/bacon, pineapple dices, bacon bits and more cheese.
Preheat the oven at min. 200 degrees celsius 15 minutes before bake. When you are ready, bake the pizza in the oven. As my oven has limited capability, I chose to bake the pizza at 200 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.

If your oven allows, it is always better to bake the pizza in the oven at a higher temperature with shorter time frame (e.g. 240 degrees celsius for 15 minutes).
Fresh from the oven. If you prefer a traditional Hawaiian Pizza, your pizza is ready for the table. 
I prefer more freshness and colours. Hence, I could not resist topping my Hawaiian Pizza with diced fresh tomatoes and english parsley.
An irresistible slice of freshness and goodness.


Again. What's better than FRESH? Savour a mouthful of freshness....




0 comments:

Post a Comment