Tuesday 30 April 2019

Chicken & Pork Satay (Chicken Rice Paste Marinade)



* in collaboration with Dancing Chef for Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste

I do not know if anyone else encounter the same problem as me....as my parents age (they are very old now ), their palate for food are becoming like children. In their case, strictly no spicy food now. They wouldn't even give their younger days' favourite curry a chance. It's definitely challenging for me to cook for the entire family nowadays. I have to be more creative in my rendition of traditional spicy dishes for the family. This Chicken & Pork Satay is one of which that I attempted using Dancing Chef's Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste. Not spicy and Yes!...different from tradition but I must say it's very easy and very palatable! I also made the Hainanese Chicken Rice Chili for my husband and myself. As I was writing this post....my family was feasting happily and heartily. Mother's Day is coming and we had an early mini celebration as my husband would be travelling for work...but Mother's Day/Father's Day or not...I'm always happy to cook for my parents and my love ones. These are the moments that I truly treasure.

#DancingChef


Ingredients for Satay Meats (yield about 30 sticks chicken & 30 sticks pork) :
  • 1/2 packet Dancing Chef Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste for Chicken
  • 1/2 packet Dancing Chef Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste for Pork
  • 800g boneless chicken thing meat (cleaned and cut to strips)
  • 600g pork belly meat (cleaned and cut to strips)
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar for chicken (or to taste)
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar for pork (or to taste)
  • Cooking oil to grease the pan

(tsp = teaspoon; tbsp = tablespoon) 


Method :
  1. Use a food mallet to tenderise meats if necessary.
  2. Add seasonings and meats into 2 bowls respectively (1 bowl for chicken and 1 bowl for pork)
  3. Marinade all meats in chiller for 1 hour. 
  4. Meanwhile, use a brush to oil bamboo skewers
  5. Before cook, remove meats from chiller.
  6. Skew all meats with bamboo sticks.
  7. Turn on medium heat. Brush cooking oil to grease grill pan.
  8. Grill meat skewers on grill pan. Brush oil onto meats occasionally until fully cooked and meat caramelised nicely.
  9. Serve whilst hot with or without sauce(s).

(scroll to bottom of page, click on "Print" or "PDF" icon for printer friendly recipe)








0 comments:

Post a Comment