Sunday 9 August 2015

Fried Rice Paradise



It is National Day today! I must cook something very local! While listening to Dick Lee's "Our Singapore" (theme song for National Day Parade 2015), I was inspired ~ by another song that had risen him to fame in 1991 - "Fried Rice Paradise"....

Simple as it is, Fried Rice will always remain close to my heart. Why? My husband has always been critical about my cooking. He has a hyper sensitive taste bud. I earned my first thumbs-up from him many years ago with this dish!

Since I still have leftover pineapples in my chiller, I will include them in my recipe.


Ingredients (enough for 4 pax) :

  • 4 bowls of cooked rice 
  • 1 pair of chinese sausage 腊肠 (cut to bits)
  • 12 mid-mized prawns (season with sesame oil, salt and sugar first, then cut to bits)
  • 1 bowl of mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
  • 1 slice of fresh pineapple (diced)
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
  • 1 large onion (finely chopped)
  • 1/2 tsp grounded white pepper
  • 4 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
  • fried silver fish
  • a little coriander/cilantro

(tsp = teaspoon; tbsp = tablespoon)    


Method :

Heat cooking oil in pan/wok, then lightly stir fry finely chopped garlic and onions.
Add beaten eggs and lightly fry in pan.
Toss the half-fried eggs aside and add prawns. Lightly stir fry prawns.
Add the chinese sausage bits next. Lightly stir fry.
Follow with the mixed vegetables. Lightly fry and mix all ingredients in the pan.
And finally....the rice and seasonings (1/2 tsp grounded white pepper, 4 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil). Turn up the heat/fire and stir fry all ingredients and seasonings evenly in the pan/wok. 
The pineapple dices will be the last to be added when all's tossed and cooked in the pan/wok.
It's your choice on the toppings. I chose fried silver fishes.
Finely chopped coriander/cilantro to make it pretty!
Singapore Fried Rice....~~ My Paradise ~~



0 comments:

Post a Comment